Monday, April 13, 2009

First rose in TEN YEARS!!!!!!!


Okay, so this is not the prettiest rose picture, but it is super special. This rose bush was already here when we moved to Duncanville over 10 years ago. It has NEVER and let me repeat NEVER BLOOMED! EVER! It also has never produced any buds either. Every year I contemplate chopping it down and digging it up. I usually have this thought during the “wrong” time of the season and then wind up waiting for the perfect time. I don’t know why I do that, especially when I was just going to dig it up, but that had been the cycle for the last ten years.


Well, I am super exited to say that this year has proved to be different. A few weeks ago, I noticed a lot more green leaves than usual and have been watching it with much anticipation. Then all of a sudden there were tons of buds all over and I mean TONS! Wow, I could not believe it. Now I wondered if these buds would actually bloom. Well, I am pleased to announce the first one bloomed. I can't believe it. I quickly got my camera and took a picture before leaving out of town. It was super sunny, definitely not the best time, but I was headed out of town and did not want to chance it not being there when I got back. Now, all of the other buds are starting to bloom too. I am so glad I did not chop and dig her up out of the ground! Also, be sure to check back. I have lots of pictures to post from my recent visit to Austin.







1 comment:

Naomi said...

Its very pretty! Congrats! Isn't God awesome to send such a special spring surprise your way?!